PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
ISIS collects personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, institution affiliation, credit card number, checking account number, or other personal information through various activities. This personal information is collected and used by ISIS staff solely to facilitate a relationship or business transaction.
ISIS does not sell or rent e-mail addresses to other organizations. E-mail addresses may be published in both print and electronic publications including the ISIS Web site. ISIS may generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mails to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe
- Transactional e-mails, which are the result of a business transaction initiated with ISIS
- Relationship e-mails, which are sent as an informational service because of a relationship with ISIS
- Commercial e-mails, which are sent to promote an ISIS product or service
- Correspondence from ISIS staff as a result of a communication initiated by a member or customer
Members’ e-mails are not visible to others. All inquiries regarding subscription-based e-mails should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal mailing lists, comprised of full name and postal address, are not sold to other organizations. However, ISIS may send promotional mail to our members on behalf of another organization. Promotional or informational materials are subject to ISIS approval prior to the mailing.
ISIS uses third-party agents for several business purposes, including credit card validation, hotel registration, and shipping. These agents are permitted to use your personal information only to provide ISIS with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
Please contact ISIS email@example.com if you believe this policy has been violated. ISIS makes every effort to preserve your privacy, but we may need to disclose personal information when required by law. ISIS may also disclose personal information if it believes in good faith that such action is necessary.
Non-personal information is collected automatically by the ISIS Web server and is used to compile general Web site usage statistics or facilitate access to restricted website services. Such information includes:
- IP address of the computer
- Browser-related information
- Locations visited on the Web site
- HTTP cookies