Biological Institution Membership
The ISIS Board of Trustees approves all members. Biological Institutions must meet the following criteria to be considered voting members of ISIS:
- Must be open to the public at regular hours
- Must register live animals of wild species on ISIS (not solely domestics)
- Must meet Board-set data currentness standard (90 days)
- Must sign the ISIS Membership Agreement and abide by the requirements outlined in the ISIS Member Declaration
- Must pay annual dues and other fees current to the year
- Must record and share data on their entire live animal collection, excepting feedstock and research collections
- Must not be an organization whose core business or mission is the buying or selling of animals
OTHER TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Zoological Associations Membership
Zoo and aquarium associations receive:
Formal representation in ISIS
Licensed use of ISIS software and access to pooled data at their associations' offices
ISIS may provide workshops, training courses or participate in your association’s meetings by providing presentations on data management or other appropriate topics
ISIS may provide studbook support to your region
ISIS will send ISISNews – our monthly member newsletter and other communications to all its members
Application for a LearnZIMS Educational License to Teach with the ZIMS Application
ISIS offers educational institutions access to the educational version of ZIMS application for the purpose of teaching those who will be employed by zoos, aquariums or other wildlife management and conservation groups.
The educational version of the ZIMS application is not a part of the ISIS global database. It is part of a separate teaching database through which your students will have access to their own data and that of all other educational institutions using the ZIMS application for teaching purposes.
ISIS does not maintain data in this environment. Each institution may input data as they see fit.
In addition to the educational environment, your students will have access to basic ‘species holding’ from the ISIS global database – this is a view of the count of animals held by ISIS member institutions around the world.
See a list of founding members teaching with LearnZIMS now.
Note: ISIS also offers regular membership for institutions that wish to use ISIS ZIMS to manage an animal collection and contribute to the global database.